Dietary Directions, Inc. provides consulting services throughout the state of California. The following employment opportunities for Registered Dietitians are available with our company. Once you have reviewed the job description and responsibilities, you may apply online and attach a copy of your resume if you are interested. Our recruiting manager will contact you to discuss your interest and questions about Dietary Directions, Inc. We have Part-time and Full-time positions in skilled nursing, acute care, perinatal, and/or intermediate care facilities.
- The primary function of the consultant dietitian is to assess the medical and nutritional needs of clients and advise health care facilities on food service and regulatory problems.
- Assumes a role for basic problem solving within accounts with advice from the management of DDI.
- Benefits include flexibility, competitive pay, team management support, career development, and health care package.
- Current Registered Dietitian with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Must be able to speak and write English.
- Possess good communication and organization skills.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Registered Dietitian preferred, but will train new RD.
- Preferably has experience in food service, clinical practice, and skilled nursing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes medical nutrition assessments for residents/clients according to regulations and facility policy
- Develops, implements, and reviews nutrition care plans
- Reviews Minimum Data Set (MDS) as necessary
- Reviews all high risk residents/clients on a regular basis as defined by the facility
- Collaborates and communicates with health care providers as part of the interdisciplinary team
- Provides patient/family nutrition education as requested by the physician
- Monitors and promotes quality services in nutrition care and food service
- Completes monthly food service sanitation evaluations for facilities with recommendations
- Provides education for dietary and nursing staff as requested by the facility and according to DDI policy
- Provides timely consultant reports to the facility and management of Dietary Directions regarding job tasks, problems, and recommendations for facility
- Exits with Administrator and other appropriate personnel on a monthly basis to review consultant report and provide recommendations for facility.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Must have a current driver’s license, transportation, and proof of automobile insurance.
- Must be willing to travel to assigned accounts.